Osvaldo Romberg (Buenos Aires, 1938) trained as an architect at the University of Buenos Aires. As a fine artist he first worked in printmaking media. Early on, he traveled to exhibit his works in the United States, where he became associated with the New York Graphic Workshop, founded by Luis Camnitzer, Liliana Porter, and José Guillermo Castillo. He participated in the exhibitions Estructuras primarias [Primary Structures] II (1967), The Braque Prize (1967 and 1968), Materiales, nuevas técnicas, nuevas expresiones [Materials, New Techniques, New Expressions] (1968), and the Salón Nacional de Artes Plásticas (1968), where he received the National Grand Prize in Printmaking. That same year, Jorge Glusberg organized an exhibition of his works at the Rubbers Gallery. In 1969 he took part in the Experiencias [Experiences/Experiments] at the Instituto Torcuato Di Tella. He went on to teach at the National University of Tucumán, where his work shifted from printmaking techniques to three-dimensional forms of production, carrying out experiments close to those of Land Art. In 1973 he left Argentina to live in Israel, Philadelphia, and Brazil, developing an extensive career as an artist, curator, researcher, and teacher. He currently lives in the United States and Israel, where he is intensely active as a curator and pedagogue. He is a consultant to the University of Pennsylvania, curator of Slought Foundation, and director of the Ha Beer Media Center of Beersheba, Israel.